Markstrat is a simulation game specifically designed to teach advanced marketing strategy concepts. It has been developed by Stratx, a global marketing and management development consulting firm.
MARKSTRAT is the world reference for marketing education. For professionals in education, the gold standard is our Markstrat simulation, now used by more than 500 academic institutions, including 8 of the top 10 international business schools and 25 of the top 30 in the US. MARKSTRAT is used in MBA and undergraduate programs as well as in corporate programs by blue chip corporations
Overview of Markstrat
Markstrat offers MBA students and professionals a risk-free platform for testing theories and making decisions. From competitive forces to the effects of sales, distribution, R & D and advertising, every aspect is real. Teams get their results at once, and use it to refine their decisions over time. Nothing else provides such immediate feedback
- Each team of three to six participants competes
against each other to successfully pilot their industrial
company over a multi-year period. The name of the game
isn’t just tactics, but long-term strategy.
- Decisions are made over a six-to-twelve year period,
teams are forced to not only plan for short-term profits,
but long-term objectives.
- Since each team’s actions directly influence the
market, competitive analysis is a must.
- Competitor actions and reactions, new product launches, sales and distribution strategies all define how teams manage their own product portfolio, R&D projects, positioning, pricing and distribution channels.
The competition is real, but so is the teamwork. Participants not only learn from the simulation, but from each other, keeping the level of enthusiasm high.
From the instructor’s perspective, integrating and administrating the simulation couldn’t be easier. We’ll even provide online instructor training that ensures total confidence in two short hours.
What it covers
Markstrat is designed for teaching strategic marketing concepts and decisions, such as:
- Market segmentation
- Product strategies
- Marketing mix
- R & D
- Market research
Markstrat incorporates the latest theories of market and competitive behavior. Its model has been extensively tested by academics, students and executives in a wide range of industries.
Benefits of Markstrat
- Offers a risk-free platform for implementing and testing ideas.
- Allows participants to develop a long-term perspective.
- Operational decisions play a vital role.
- It reinforces competitive thinking and market understanding
- Engage students and professionals on a more emotional level